Mystic Murder-Murder is an art, is a story written by Deepak Senthilkumar from April 2008 to December 2008
Click here to leave your comments!!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A page from the diary of SOS-8

Ten years passed. That day he asked me a very good puzzle, he asked me to decode this cipher:

UJBFITDBJCLSTMQM

It might be tough for a stranger like you. But since I was now an expert in Puzzle it took me less than a minute to decode it. The answer was Brazilian football player Pele.


I employed Caesar cipher with shift key as 1.
The result was TIAEHSCAIBKRSLPL

Wrote it in the Caesar Square

T I A E
H S C A
I B K R
S L P L

and read from the top down.
THISISBLACKPEARL

Adding spaces to the plain text, 'THIS IS BLACK PEARL' is obtained, which is the nick name of Brazilian foot ball player Pele. This was a transposition cipher as well as a shift cipher. Dad was really happy that I solved this puzzle. He bought me a computer with Internet connection. That was a turning point in my life.

No comments: